Dear Community Members,
In an effort to provide you with some information in regards to the present COVID19 pandemic, we have put together some vital information to keep yourself and everyone in your family safe.
Daily Must Do’s
- Avoid going out of your house and avoid having any visitors come to your place.
- You may go outdoors for exercise as far as you keep at least 6 feet distance from another person.
- If you have to go out for essential needs, ensure you keep your hands away from your face at all times. Once home, immediately wash your hands by lathering with soap for at least 20 sec. Watch the video on how to properly wash your hands https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1712519235782
- Use a sanitizer before touching your face in the event you have touched things when you are out of your house.
- Regularly sanitize commonly used surfaces such as doorknobs, chairs and tables with regular household cleaners or disinfectant wipes.
- Wash your hands with soap and water as indicated above often as possible especially before touching your face or eating with your hands.
Boosting your immunity
- Eat healthy and increase vitamin C rich foods and drinks to strengthen your immunity.
- Frequently sip warm water with immune boosters such as ginger, turmeric, lemon, black pepper, honey etc… through the day. Fill a vacuum water bottle and keep it beside you at all times to sip from through the day to prevent viral infecting the lungs.
- Cut down on processed sugar as it compromises your immunity.
What to do if you feel sick?
- Do NOT go to your doctor, a drop-in clinic or the emergency at the hospital.
- Take the self-assessment test by clicking on the website below to determine if you are infected with the COVID19 and follow the procedure to contact public health or a healthcare provider. https://www.regionofwaterloo.ca/en/health-and-wellness/2019-novel-coronavirus-covid-19-self-assessment.aspx
- Self-isolate yourself in another room to prevent the infection from spreading.
Be proactive and positive
There are so many ways to be occupied at home. All those things that you wanted to do only if you had the time. Here is a list of ideas.
- Cook new recipes with your family members.
- Be creative – write a story, poem or a song. Draw, colour or paint.
- Start a project – organize family pictures or rearrange your house.
- Make a list of what you want to do and start.
- Exercise daily by selecting different workouts of go noodle, yoga, cardio, tai chi from youtube.
- Learn mindfulness and meditate daily to de-stress using online resources
- Read tucked away books that you always intended to read.
- Start a routine with children that include some sort of grade-level work. Here is a link from the Ontario Ministry of Education for continued learning for your child at home. https://www.ontario.ca/page/learn-at-home
- Include some form of spiritual practices to empower you and your family.
Up to date information
The following websites are constantly updated to provide you with updated and reliable information. Please continue to refer to it as and when necessary.
- Region of Waterloo – https://www.regionofwaterloo.ca/en/health-and-wellness/2019-novel-coronavirus.aspx
- Ontario Ministry of Health – https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus
- World Health Organization – https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public#
- Government of India; Department of Health and Welfare – www.mohfw.gov.in